Thursday, April 29, 2010

Its gonna be a long night!

I realized tonight...again...that I have a lot to learn about being a Mom. Somehow I decided that Wes was warmer than usual and I took his temperature. Good thing I did, it was 101.5! He was perfectly happy, no visible signs of illness, just a high temperature. After consulting every book I have, sending off a text messages to my sister (who just happens to be a nurse, and just happens to be working tonight), having an actual conversation with my sister in law (who has 3 kids and gave me perfectly sensible advice), I turned to the internet. And as I have noted before I believe everything I read on the internet...so of course I freak out and am convinced Wes has meningitis. Apparently every person who posted a remark on baby center has taken their 3 month old with a 101.5 fever to the ER where they have been admitted and given spinal taps...Good Lord. Luckily my rational side of the brain kicked in and decided to call the doctor first. Thank God for nice nurses who don't call new mothers crazy and irrational. She actually told me it was good to be  obsessive...I may have admitted to checking his temperature every 5 minutes for the past hour! He is sleeping peacefully, as he has been for the last hour while I have sat and watched his chest rise and fall to check for "trouble breathing." Thats all I got for tonight...gonna go put the coffee on...I have a long night of watching Wes breathe ahead of me!


Hmmmmm he looks pretty peaceful think I'm overreacting....its okay you can tell me I won't take it personally!



No comments:

Post a Comment