Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mother of the year!



Well party time continued last night! We celebrated Uncle Brian's birthday withWes's cousins Sadie, Willa, and Quinn. The girls love when baby Wes comes over and we were serenaded with many rounds of "twinkle, twinkle, little star!" Even with the soothing sounds of Miss Sadie Wes was super irritable...no amount of swaddle, swing, shhh, or suck could calm him! After passing him around to see who could quiet him I finally thought well lets try his diaper...oh yeah isn't that like priority number 1 when trying to soothe your fussy child! Well as I was holding the 5 pound diaper I realized I hadn't changed him since 1...unfortunately for Wes is was about 6:30pm! Of course as soon as the diaper was off Wes started to giggle and coo at everyone who came his way. I felt terrible and neglectful, but Wes was no worse for the wear...and I got another helpful reminder that no new mommy is perfect

xoxo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment