Thursday, March 18, 2010

30 blogs in 30 days

Hi Everyone!

Today is my first official post on what will hopefully be a successful attempt to post 30 blogs in 30 days...kind of like the movie Julie and Julia only without the cooking and in a much shorter time frame! Experts say that if you do anything for 30 consecutive days it will become a habit. It hasn't worked for me yet, not when I attempted early morning gym sessions (or any time of day for that matter), or when I tried to keep a food diary, or even when I swore I would immediately put laundry into the appropriate places! However, here I am again attempting that 30 day challenge. Hopefully the gorgeous new addition to my life will help keep me on track. This new addition is an adorable bright eyed baby boy we call Wes...or as the nurses called him "Big Wes!" And big he was...10 pounds 14 ounces...which doesn't sound that bad until I tell you I am only 4 foot 11! I guess I asked for it by marrying a man twice my size, but what can I say I clearly have a size complex. I don't do anything small, my husband is 6 foot 5, I drive a tahoe, and I had an 11 pound baby...oh and don't let me forget my 100 pound bulldog! Anyway enough about me. I am hoping to keep up and post something each day. Wes is changing so fast and I want to be able to look back and remember the little things...we focus so much on "milestones" that sometimes the small moments get overlooked. So here is my attempt to celebrate the small stuff...hopefully I can at least keep my family and friends entertained with updated stories of my stumbles through motherhood, and with any luck I will help you remember that its the little things that mean the most! Tune in tomorrow to see if I continue my challenge...

xoxo
Erin

P.S. My sister thought I should post a quote of the day at the end of every post...so here is the first official quote of the day from my 3 year old Nephew Luke...hope it makes you laugh as loud as I did!
"Hey Mommy, Did you know that N-O spells No!" ...clearly he's heard that before!

No comments:

Post a Comment