Monday, March 22, 2010

I had my first official Mommy conflict over the weekend. Wes wasn't feeling well and  I had plans with my friends. Here I was having to decide for the first time...do I leave my sick baby with his completely capable dad, or stay home and snuggle the sickness out of him. A little less than 2 months ago my guilt would have sat in my friends' corner. How dare I bail on them at the last second...I would have obsessed over it and felt horrible the whole time I was supposed to be out. I would have overstretched my schedule and run myself ragged to keep plans. Then on a sunny day in January it all changed. Suddenly not breaking plans made me guilty, the thought of leaving my cozy couch snuggled under a blanket with my little man turned my stomach. I guess in hind sight I was probably overreacting, he only had a low grade fever and a runny nose...but at the time I thought we were one phone call away from an ambulance! And the moral of the story is...the world kept spinning. The party went on without me, my friends understood...and best of all...I got some extra cuddle time with those intoxicating blue eyes!

xoxo
Erin
P.S. Happy Birthday Auntie Nikki


Here are a few more shots of my little cuddlebug...




No comments:

Post a Comment