Friday, March 19, 2010

Blackberries and Burpcloths

So here I am on day 2...I have already beaten my run on keeping a food diary! Hooray for me! Anyway I wanted to tell you all how I came about naming this little blog "blackberries and burpcloths." I was out shopping with Lori...one of my best friends, you know the kind that your child will refer to as auntie even though she isn't blood...and I was working on getting Wes, the stroller, and all of my purchases into the car. She was pretty amused and said I can't believe this is where we are...you have a blackberry and a binkie! It struck a cord with me and I couldn't believe where my life had taken me. Yes I spent 2 years trying to get pregnant and then lived nine months in a body that was completely foreign to me...but really has it come to the point that I can't leave the house without my blackberry or a binkie!!! So at last the blog was born...with one little tweak. Burpcloths are much more important than the binkie...especially when your little of bundle of joy has a fondness of barfing as mine does. I'm not sure that barfing is the politically correct way to talk about my baby...people like to say spit up, but that does not describe the volume of body fluid that leaves my child's mouth. It could be 10 minutes or 2 hours after he's eaten you just never know when Mt. Saint Wes is gonna blow. So here I am in constant reach of both my blackberry and a burpcloth! I was planning on posting some pictures tonight, but...what a shocker... my little volcano has erupted yet again and he is in dire need of new jammies.

xoxo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment