Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

...and how memorable it was! I am still recovering hence the lack of posts over the past few days! Daddy hit the road for a big weekend of BBQ! Show me your Rack BBQ traveled all the way up to Rochester, NY to compete in the ROC city ribfest, and their first real BBQ competition. After 7 hours of driving, a few...okay ALOT...of beer the boys took 11th place out of 69 teams! Even with their "risque" style of selling Show me your Rack merchandise (insert inappropriate visions here) we are super proud of them and can't wait to join the team this weekend down the cape! Here are some of the publishable photos from the weekend!!!!






While Daddy was away mommy was also completing a memorable event of her own! I completed my first 5K road race! We spent saturday morning running along the sandy shore of Peggotty beach in Scituate! It was a great day and I finished in 32 minutes...not bad for a new mommy! It has inevitably sparked my excitment for running...although I feel like I may actaully keel over and die during the run I can't quite explain the way I feel after. For even just a few minutes the weight of everyday life is lifted and everything is perfect. A big shout out to Uncle Chris who allowed us to drop Wes off at the ungodly hour of 8am so we could get to the starting line in time! It was great to have my little man looking super cute in his whale outfit cheering me on! Enjoy the photos...ignore the giant red blotches on my face...




It was Auntie Nikki's first race too!!! Congratulations!



I also want to take the time to thank all the members of our military....past, present, and future. Without your sacrifice we wouldn't be free to spend a whole weekend perfecting the art of BBQ, or spending a sunny summer morning running along the beach. 




1 comment: