Monday, September 27, 2010

Ferber fun

A big day in the Petersen household!!! Mommy, the board certified behavior analyst, was able to successfully let Wes cry it out. It seems I have been able to dish out the advice to any listening ear, but following said advice has not been so easy...until tonight! I managed to let him cry for 45 minutes without going in! At last he finally gave in, so we'll see how tomorrow night goes....

Last week I was watching Olivia. She and Wes were playing nicely on the floor. Distracted, I said to Olivia, "Nice job, now push him down so he can start all over." In my head I expected Olivia to push down the top to the pop up toy they were playing. All Olivia heard was "push him down," she looked at me like I had a million heads and then ok auntie...over to Wes she goes and down to the ground he plops...ahhh sometimes I forget how literal 2 year old can be!

xoxo
Erin

1 comment: