Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Half Birthday

When I started writing this blog I wanted to celebrate the little things that happen everyday. Funny stories, sentimental moments, moments of complete and utter insanity...all the things that make this amazing ride worth it. Looking back over the past few months I realize I have done no justice to all the incredible things that happen in the first year of life...oh wait I'm sorry in the first SIX months of life! In no specific order Wes has learned...how to live outside my belly and breathe on his own, how to stay asleep for 3 hours at a time and gradually increase to a solid 12, how to smile, laugh, and outright screech in delight! He has learned how to roll over and bear weight on his arms, to push up to his knees, and somehow pop up to his toes. He figured out how to drink from a bottle at one moment and take food off a spoon the next, he can grasp things and hold on for dear life...he responds to his name, and he recognizes the faces of those he knows and loves. He has won over the hearts of many in his short little life, and although 6 months is such a short time in the scheme of an entire lifetime, my world before Wes has become a bit fuzzier, as if it was years and years ago...Happy Half Birthday Baby Boy we love you to pieces!

xoxo
Erin






No comments:

Post a Comment